Let’s be honest: many homeowners don’t have the means or ability to hire a home staging professional when preparing to sell their homes. I am often asked for easy, inexpensive ways to “dress up” homes to help them show better. Here are six of the best tips I can offer:
- Add molding. Chair rails or decorative crown molding give a room a luxurious touch.
- Paint. It’s one of the most cost-effective ways to change the look and feel of a room.
- Frame it. An inexpensive print will provide a focal point in a knockout frame.
- Be bold. One dramatic sculptural piece, such as a vase, can set off a room and echo a trend without a big financial investment.
- Throw on the style. Use accent pillows or an afghan to incorporate a trendy element. Be sure to replace them when the trend changes to avoid looking outdated.
- Buy live. Faux flowers tend to make a home look dated. Live green plants or fresh flowers from your local grocer can give a room an instant lift.
If you need more information or would like an in-home consultation, please let me know. Remember, it’s the little things that set homes apart from the competition.