When looking for a new home, the front door plays a bigger role than most people even realize. Not only does it set the tone for curb appeal, but it can also influence the sub-conscience mind in ways people don’t realize.
“Like a necktie, which is the focal point of an outfit, the front door is the focal point of the home,” says Debbie Zimmer, color expert at the Paint Quality Institute. “The color there sends a strong message.”
So what message could the color on the front door of your home be conveying? Color psychologists suggest that the color of the front door can make a powerful statement about the home or the owner. Here’s what they say the different front door hues can mean, according to the Paint Quality Institute:
- Blue: Conveys a place of refuge or retreat
- Green: Projects health, tranquility, and harmony
- Black: Projects strength, power, and authority
- Red: Conveys passion, energy, and excitement
- Brown: Offers a natural look that can convey warmth, stability, and reliability
What do you think? Does the color of a front door influence your decision on a home?