Everyone knows how much I love to laugh and make others laugh. As someone who used to perform stand-up comedy, I firmly believe that if we stop laughing, we stop laughing. What better time to laugh than around the holidays when we are surrounded by our crazy families and friends? To help you share the gift of laughter, here are 8 gift suggestions, guaranteed to get a laugh.
1. This clock is available from Jennifer Morand on Etsy for around $35. Rather than constantly nag that person who is always running late, why not make a joke about it? I’m sure both of you will get a good laugh. You might make them more conscious in the process.
2. Is dinnertime a constant battle at your house? Tired of kids playing with their food & not eating it? These plates, available from Amazon, are guaranteed to make meals more interesting. Who knows? You might be raising the next Andy Warhol. I think they also could provide fun for a girls’ night in/wine party. Prizes to the most creative.
3. This inverted bookshelf is guaranteed to spark some funny conversations at your next gathering. It comes from Instructables user fungus amungus, who managed to apparently defy gravity. The secret to this design is a clever placement of elastic, holding each book tied to the shelf.
4. Do you get sick of hearing couples fight about who steals the covers, who takes up too much space and who sleeps on each side? This is the perfect solution. This bedding set, available from Bedstincts.com, is sure to generate some humorous reactions from the guilty parties.
5. This light-up wine glass is guaranteed to blow your guests’ minds. How does it work? As the bottle touches the glass, the glass lights up. As you tip the glass over, the light dims. All done with simple proximity detectors. To view it in action, check out the video. This gift is sure to spark more drinking, thus making your guests more entertaining. HA!
6. As the spouse of a contractor, I constantly find paintbrushes sitting around, crusty and useless. Luckily, designer Dominic Wilcox has shown me how to put these to good use. Rather than just have boring hooks to hang guests’ coats on, using these will get the conversation started. Their reactions will be priceless!